Thursday 6 March 2014

Fantasy Finds: My March Wishlist


As you now know, I'm skint!...

This is a new acclimatisation for me - someone who has had a decent salary for 15 years.

Yes, I've always loved drugstore cosmetics and skincare.Who doesn't love to save where they can. But

being beauty obsessed means I have an innate drive to try EVERYTHING!


So this now posses a problem when it comes to high end products. One in a million are launched at a

discount, and only a tiny percentage might fail and then have money off, or are put on Christmas deals.


And I know that a dupe will eventually come along, and sometimes turns out to be better than the source.

But whilst going on holiday is how this person spends their money, and new technology is how that person

spends theirs, buying smelly/shiny/ pretty things is how I've always spent mine.


It is my one true love....(except for you, dear..)....

To rectify this soul clenching longing, I have decided to put €20 aside each week, and pick one product per

month to feed my addiction. Twenty quid is alot, but let's just say I've streamlined elsewhere - no more

Cadburys for me...

So what have I chosen this month?

Here was my list of 15 favourites....

Face






















Sunday Riley Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil   30ml (€120.00)
Yesterday, I saw Oz, or Caroline Hirons as the lay folk call her, use this on her clients on Instagram. That

should say enough. However when I read effects such as "clarifying/detoxifying/anti-inflammatory/reduces

redness" and ingredients such as milk thistle/pink grapefruit/flax seed/pomegranate, my mouth waters. I want

to "glow from within". Doesn't everyone...?
























The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum In Oil   28ml (€15.00)
OK, so not exactly breaking the bank, but you can guarantee if I go into The Body Shop for one thing, I am

leaving with at least one body butter, a face mask or two, and whatever smell is new. Great reviews on this

product so far. It has the highest wheatgerm oil concentration out of the line, and my skin knows and loves

this range.



















Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm   10ml (€39.00)
Roll over Reve de Miel. Bye bye Balm de Rose. Not great reviews on this one, but I find lip balm as

personal as mascara or perfume. There's eucalyptus for tingles and Shea butter for moisture. And the rest of

the brand is so highly rated, Amelia Liana - I'm talking to you!, so I want to give it a go.


Body




















Shiffa Sweetness Body Polish  200ml (€55.00)
I know that most people like to spend the big bucks on luxury stuff for their face. Maybe it's just because I

was born with such bad skin, but I prefer to spend it on my body. I haven't heard anyone talk about this

brand yet, but the product ingredients list looks awesome and natural.It's brown sugar based, bound in

coconut to moisten, and there's grapefruit and rosemary to tackle cellulite. Sexy stuff for a pamper night..


Makeup



















Estée Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Moisture Makeup SPF30  30ml (€35.00)
I wore Double Wear light on my wedding day, so I always get the feels for new EL bases. I have a feeling

this will not only look great on all ages, but will totally suit the S/S trends this year of  the flawless/ barely

there/ nude look. And it, and the highlighting concealer, are supposed to have the best of the BB's staying  

power.



















Eve Lom Radience Lift Foundation SPF15  30ml (€60.00)
I want this for the packaging, even if the product is crap. But Lisa Eldridge loves the tinted moisturiser, and

the brand has not had a dud yet. The price is catastrophic, but it is a skincare/makeup hybrid. With stem

cells.I have a feeling that whenever you wore this you'd feel like a cross between Anna Wintour and Kate

Middleton. And the shade selection for pale faces is awesome.
























Jouer Anti-Ageing Moisture Primer 30ml (€30.00)
I do like a matte finish every now and again, and the sister product to this - the "Matte Moisture Tint"- is

my favourite for those occasions. The ginseng in this intrigues me. Like most people I still haven't found that

perfect primer, and even though I have super dry skin, most still leave me with too much of an addition on

my face. Oily skin girls love the foundation, so if this is tailored for them, I'm in.



















Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder  6.6g (€49.00)
It was a toss up between this and the "Nectar" blush from the new "Nectar and Nude" collection, but I

have enough blush choice already this month, as you will see. I love how BB does shimmer, my first high end

makeup product I ever bought was one of her shimmer bricks. I'm assuming from the description that this is

supposed to be like an "Ambient Lightning Powder" for darker skin tones, but I'd use it as a

bronzer/highlighter when I'm tan. And have you seen Katie Holmes in the ads? Guurrl...






















MAC Mineralize Blush in Azalea in the Afternoon   3.2g (€25.00)
It's sold out, but I know a guy, if I really wanted it. I'm not sure whether the gold is an overlay, or if it's the

whole blush, but to me it looks like a duskier  NARS  "Orgasm". My blush collection is ridiculous, but

believe it or not, I don't own ONE MAC product. It's just so hard to get where I live. But this one would

be worth the trip to Dublin. Or Cork, to my friend, as the case may be.





















Nars Final Cut Blush 3.2g (€22.00)
Coral was so popular the last 2 years, it has spilled into this season too. I don't own a matte peach shade,

and I think this would go beautifully with the "bronzer on the eyelid" look that's in this summer. Plus, NARS

blush is always an investment, my "Deep Throat" and "Sin" are rotated in and out of my makeup bag season

after season.
























Chantacaille Save the Bees Palette (€90.00)
Say it with me.....Soooooo pretty! And I know what your thinking, ninety quid for a quad. But it's an all over

face palette, and that blue really makes me feel like Alice looking down the rabbit hole. And all four shades

are multi purpose, so it's a one stop jobby.Also bare in mind that its for charity, and refillable.


Scent






















Diptyque Limited Edition Insolite Candle  190g (€54.00)
I am as much a slave to scented candles as every other bath addict. The saving grace to me is that I've

always been candle obsessed since I was an alter server as a child (I know, cringe..), and my teenage "I

want to be Stevie Nicks" phase. It has become really trendy now to spend half a weeks wages on something

that lasts four days, but there is a reason people spend  that much on these candles. The scent blend is as

sophisticated as a Chanel perfume. Diptyque are at the head of the game. And this purchase would be for

my other half too. He's man enough to notice how awesome these are.























Jo Malone Black Cedarwood and Juniper Cologne  100g (€99.00)
I went to Mardi Gras when I was 21, and came back with an obscene amount of beauty products. I bought

the Jo Malone "Pomegranate Noir" body wash and cream, and fell in love with it. It was only when I

went to purchase some for my sister in Brown Thomas, that I realised how much the damn stuff costs. But

that scent reminds me of meeting my husband so I will forever repurchase. I'm an everyday Nina Ricci girl,

but Jo Malone is my number one gift request. And when I saw Fleur de Force do a blog post on this before

Christmas, I knew I had to try it. This scent is very deep and refreshing, as well as quite masculine.


Nails


 Lancóme Vernis in Love Nail Polish in Marry Me Peach  (€16.00)
I already have this polish in "Jolis Matins" and frickin love the formulation. I got it from a blogger friend,

who has the peach shade, and it is beautiful. The brush could be better, but for a girl just getting back into

polish, anything other than a spade is difficult.

























Deborah Lippmann Spring Reveries Collection Nail Polish (€15.00)
These are my latest edition to the list. I read a blog post by Anna From Vivianna des Makeup three days

ago, and have craved since then. I especially love the "Build me up Buttercup" and "Spring Buds" shades.

For someone who wears mostly black, pastel nails are my new way to be on trend in the spring.


And the winner is....


Jo Malone Black Cedarwood and Juniper Cologne.

I have wanted this the longest. It is a total bang for your buck, and I am running out of my "Ricci Ricci".

What would your choice have been? Let me know in the comments..


Chat soon,

Ava.


No comments:

Post a Comment